Follow us on Twitter — Subscribe on iTunes
Red Shell Radio is proud to hold down the Terrapin front for the Baltimore Sports Report Network.
Topics discussed include:
- Randy Edsall OUT as Maryland football head coach, Mike Locksley named the interim head coach
- Did you really believe it when the Jeff Ermann dropped the news that Edsall would be fired following the Ohio State game?
- Thoughts on how Kevin Anderson handled the situation, from the news leak to the press conference
- The Terps go out and play hard against Ohio State before the Buckeyes pulled away half way through the first quarter
- Had to be excited after that first score, at least a little bit, right?
- The guys agree that even if the Terps had beaten Ohio State that Maryland would have fired Edsall anyway
- You could tell by the play calling that Randy knew this was it
- Perry Hills rushing the ball is what kept Maryland in the game, he’s probably going to be the starter going forward
- The wide receivers have been garbage
- Matt, again, wants Brad Craddock to punt
- The guys speak highly about Hills’ performance, but that doesn’t mean they’re high on Hills
- Most of Locksley’s more successful offenses have come with mobile quarterbacks, so expect to see more of Perry Hills using his legs
- Randy storms out of the press conference after a dumb first question. Weird way to see him go out
- What’s the outlook for the rest of the season? Does anything really change?
- What’s Locksley’s status if he starts winning games? Should Maryland’s next head coach try and retain him in some capacity?
- How would you recruit high schoolers to Maryland? CT would go the Louisville-hooker route
- Saying goodbye to Randy Edsall. What were the high points of his tenure? They’re limited
- How will the openings at Southern California and South Carolina affect Maryland’s coaching search?
- Early head coaching candidates? Season is going to have to play out for any progress to be made on this front. Hooray weeks of baseless speculation!
- CT thinks that Greg Schiano hires people to throw his name into coaching searches. Nobody wants him, yet his name always comes up
- Penn State kick off set for 3:30
- The guys debate whether it was Kenny Tate or Adrian Moten who made the 4th-and-goal tackle on Navy’s Ricky Dobbs back in the 2010 opener
- Magic Maryland Madness is Saturday. He’s the list of guys from the podcast attending:
- Do anything but go to Magic Maryland Madness
- The pod continues to debate Moten vs. Tate
- CBS Sports releases their 101 top college basketball players heading into the 2015-16 season