game to watch. They discuss missed opportunities, turnovers and grasp at moral victories.Later, they preview Iowa, ask how long the Terps might hang with the Hawkeyes, and discuss Maryland basketball landing at No. 24 in Ken Pomeroy's preseason rankings.
Follow us on Twitter — Subscribe on iTunes
Red Shell Radio is proud to hold down the Terrapin front for the Baltimore Sports Report Network.
Topics discussed include:
- Do you guys remember what it was like to lose a close game? A game that you truly were vested in the outcome?
- For at least one Saturday this year, football was fun
- Maryland had plenty of opportunities to win this game, couldn’t get it done
- Stings to lose to James Franklin
- Eric says the tailgating scene was awesome, Penn State heavy. The inside of the stadium was 50/50 and there were fights!
- The early turnovers were killer
- Secondary got bombed by Christian Hackenberg — long ball repeatedly killed the Terps
- Perry Hills had five turnovers, some how made them less backbreaking than Caleb Rowe would have
- Talking about five turnovers as an improvement shows how ugly things really are
- Will Likely and Shane Cockerille make appearances. Eric says Cockerille’s appearances remind him of Josh Portis showing up to run the option
- Penn State strikes twice right before the half to go up 17-14
- Terps have two nice, long touchdown drives in the third quarter — Another sign of progress
- The guys grasp at moral straws
- Dan hopes that the loss puts to rest any Mike Locksley for head coach talk
- Terps had multiple chances to take the lead back and win the game in the 4th quarter. Defense hung tough, giving the ball back to the offense multiple times, but the offense couldn’t hold up their end of the deal
- Defensive line played really well
- Firing Randy Edsall midseason was a good call, brings a different dynamic to the team
- Can Maryland hang with Iowa? CT and Eric don’t think it’s that crazy
- Eric’s a secret Iowa fan, fills the guys in on the undefeated team
- The Hawkeyes dodged a bullet in missing the B1G East’s big three, could end the regular season undefeated
- CT and Matt talk to a guy with inside knowledge on the coaching search and conclude no one knows anything
- Dan shows off his basketball season ticket booklet
- Ken Pomeroy has Maryland ranked at No. 24 in his preseason rankings, Terp fans need to settle down
- Stefon Diggs has a great day for the Vikings, makes one of the catches of the year