Follow us on Twitter — Subscribe on iTunes
Red Shell Radio is proud to hold down the Terrapin front for the Baltimore Sports Report Network.
Please like our pals over at Terrapin Country and Maryland Terps Digest, both on Facebook.
Topics discussed include:
- The pod is back, Labor Day and fantasy football drafts pushed the show to Wednesday. The guys will be back next Tuesday morning, on their regular schedule
- Maryland football gets its first win over the Richmond Spiders, 50-21
- CT was the only one who watched the whole game in realtime. Eric was at a wedding, Matt attended the Navy football game, Dan tailgated and watched the second half
- Dan tailgates in Lot 11, gives the rundown, mad the kids don’t pick up their trash
- William Likely was the star, knifing the Spiders all afternoon and eventually breaking the Big Ten record for punt return yards in a game
- Why did Richmond keep punting it to him?
- Perry Hills was underwhelming
- Hills is Matt’s new least favorite player, describes why he’s awful
- Eric doesn’t think Hills will be the starter by the end of the year
- The running game looked improved, helped stabilize things when Richmond was playing well. Everyone was fairly impressed
- The defensive front seven looked great, Matt notes the gelling and maturing of the crop of local players now featuring prominently in the defense
- Brad Craddock misses a field goal, extra point, somehow earns a national nod
- The guys run down the rest of the Big Ten games, highlight Penn State’s first loss to Temple since 1941
- Maryland basketball gets a big recruiting victory with top-100 shooting guard Kevin Huerter committing to the Terrapins after visiting this past weekend
- His commitment gives the Terps a lot of momentum in recruiting with a number of big fish slated to stop by College Park
- Dan breaks it all down, CT botches names
- Maryland Madness announced it will be called/themed “Magic Maryland Madness"
- The guys agree Maryland Madness is always terrible, will not be lured in again this year
- Bowling Green is up next, this Saturday at noon
- Should be a tougher game, the Falcons have a strong, up-tempo offense
- Running the ball should be a priority for the Terps
- Eric asks if the Terps will start 3-0? He doesn’t feel confident, Matt is confident Randy Edsall will pull the plug on Hills if the game is in danger
- Dan and Matt are going to a beer festival, Eric going to the game, CT is unsure